To use Card Validator, Paste card no in the given input box below and click on validate credit card button.
Credit Card Validator helps implementing validations for the credit cards, variety of identification numbers such as credit card numbers, IINs (Issuer Identification Numbers) and BINs (Bank Identification Numbers), prefixes, etc through the Luhn algorithm.
The algorithm used in Credit Card Validator is the Luhn algorithm or mod 10 algorithm which is a simple checksum formula that determines the validity of a card using the account number and checksum digits. It supports all major credit card brands such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diner's Club, JCB.
The working principle of a Credit Card Validator is very simple as it uses the Luhn Algorithm to determine the validity of a card using the account number and checksum.
There are two ways that a credit card validator works:-
For example, if the number on the card is 7, duplicating it will be 14. And the sum of the two digits will be five.
There are four major credit card types used worldwide are American Express (Amex), Discover, Mastercard, and Visa. The two of the major credit card networks Amex and Discover issue their own credit cards to customers whereas Mastercard and Visa networks are issued by a secondary bank or other financial organizations.
The format of the credit card types is constantly changing, but most cards share several features like the issuer name, the network, the cardholder’s name, and the card number.
1) Credit Card Issuer is the bank that issued the credit card.
2) Credit Card Name is the name of this particular credit card. The card name begins with the name of the issuing bank followed by the particular card name
3) Credit Card Network is the credit card network responsible for processing payments made with the card i.e. Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.
4) Cardholder Name is the name of the owner of the card.
5) Credit Card Number is the identifying number stored in the magnetic strip.
6) Chip EMV Technology holds the cardholder’s information
7) Date Of Account Opening is the time when a credit card account was opened.
8) Expiration Date is the date at which this particular card will expire.
9) CVV Security Code is at the back of credit cards and is a fraud-prevention tool, used for unauthorized transactions. CVV code is a three-digit number for Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and a four-digit number for Amex.
10) Magnetic Stripe is at the back of the credit card that holds all of your account information.
There are many Credit Card validators available online and are safe to use and all the calculations are performed in your browser so that your credit card number remains safe.
This tool uses the Luhn algorithm, which is an error-checking algorithm supported by all popular credit card brands, to verify each card numbers length as well as validity. You can validate single card numbers and get the output one after another.
To validate credit card, we should know the credit card types
For Visa Credit Card - 4XXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
For MasterCard Credit Card - 5XXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
For Discover Credit Card - 6XXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
For American Express Credit Card - 3XXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
For Diner’s Club Credit Card - 30XX XXXX XXXX XXXX
For JCB Credit card - 35XX XXXX XXXX XXXX
The main benefits of using a credit card validator are:-
Credit Card Validator provides validation utilities to fetch the result by providing credit card data inputs. It also provides a determined card type for validation in which you wish to render an accompanying payment method (Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Discover and much more, etc)
Other Tools: Credit Card Generator